[Lazarus] Help Lazarus on Linux, help with GTK2

OsvaldoTCF arquivostcf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:08:38 CEST 2008

Save Lazarus on Linux:

http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/

a comment:
"I agree with henry, great article. However I think that the trayicon
example is not quite fair since windows and qt have "native" traywidgets
gtk (current bindings) does not. The Gtk1 and Gtk2 implementations are
really X11 implementations which is inherently horrible and clumsy to
use :)
There is now a gtk trayicon widget in newer version of Gtk2 but the
bindings don't yet exist for freepascal."

What do we do? Claim all users of Lazarus on Linux! GTK2 is the way
possible  for a widgetset on Linux in six months?

Thanks, sorry my english.