[Lazarus] Problem compiling tpiproexample project

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Mon Mar 3 14:31:53 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I am using lazarus 0.9.24 with fpc version 2.2.0 [2007/08/30] for
i386. My linux version is Ubuntu 7.10 - the Gutsy Gibbon - released in
October 2007.

Lazarus and the applications compiled with it work fine  but when I
try to debug I have some strange results.
I set a breakpoint and when the execution reaches that breakpoint the
application seems to do nothing but it does! it is waiting for my
input... the applications and the debugger keep working because I have
some  "ShowMessage" functions arround and if I press some F8 I can see
those ShowMessage executed although the executed line of code doesn't
highlight... I think you all can realize that debugging without
knowing which line is actually executed is impossible.

Does anyone know why is this happening?...  Any workaround?... Am I
the only one seeing this?
FYI I am new to linux and lazarus.

English is not my native language, so I hope I was able to explain myself.