[Lazarus] Conditional breakpoints

ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody ari.ody at japinfo.com.br
Mon Mar 10 13:22:54 CET 2008

Thanks. I got a similar reply from the author. I went back to the
original address_book example, and it compiled and ran with no
problem, so I was poking around that to see how it talked to the
database. I didn't see enough different with CONTACT 1.0 to bother
with, after all.

address_book uses .dbf files, and accesses/creates .dbf files on the
fly, which is sort of interesting. I'm not particularly familiar with
DBF, but it might be useful if I could figure out how to do foreign
keys and referential integrity, but I think I would rather use
FireBird (IB) if I could just figure out how to WRITE to the database
(I can read it just fine).

OTOH, the application I'm working on may be simple enough that I can
just hold my nose and forgo the database normalization.

I'm trying to build a contact database system where each contact can
have any number of phone numbers, addresses, and (dated) memos
attached, and is searchable on just about every field. If anybody
should happen to know of something along that line, I would even
consider buying it rather than re-inventing it. Much as I would LOVE
to do this in open-source software (especially Lazarus, since I'm
already familiar with D6), I'm finding that in order to use any
open-source development tool, I have to first learn how to use at
least two other open-source development tools, and by the time I'm
about four layers deep in that mess, I've pretty much lost track of
whatever it was that I was trying to do in the first place.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:
> Howard Lee Harkness wrote:
>
>  >... When I load the project file, I get
>
> > an error about MyDbf.UseFloatFields -- unknown property
>  > UseFloatFields.
>
>  When you get the error dialog you should see three buttons. If you click the
>  'Stop all loading' button Lazarus will then present you with a 'FixLFMfile'
>  dialog. All you have to do is click the 'Remove all invalid properties'
>  button, and the project will then compile.
>  If you are not presented with the 'FixLFMfile' dialog, just open the
>  mainunit.lfm file (any text editor) and remove the line 'UseFloatFields =
>  true' in the object MyDbf: TDbf definition (it occurs about line 456).
>
>  HowardPC

Howard Lee Harkness
www.celtic-fiddler.com