[Lazarus] Mac OS X : TToolButton Style tbsDropDown...

Dominique Louis dominique at savagesoftware.com.au
Sat Mar 15 18:12:16 CET 2008

drew einhorn wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
> <luizmed at oi.com.br <mailto:luizmed at oi.com.br>> wrote:
> <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WorldVistA#VistA>
>

>     I have some experience in porting Delphi components to LCL (See
>     https://luipack.bountysource.com/) and i would be happy in helping.
>     See some notes below
>

> Cool!  Are you considering joining us in Seattle, or just helping out
> online?   I'm expecting Seattle to be a lot of fun.

Just online. Too far: Brazil.

>     Will the code be shared between Delphi and Lazarus or it will be a
>     fork?
>     In the former option the work is harder.
>

> I'm assuming it will all eventually get merged into the main Lazarus
> project.
> I don't think any code will go into Delphi.
> Hope there is no need for any fork.

Sorry, i was not referring to the improvements to Lazarus/LCL itself.

I was meaning if the code of the frontends  will be shared between the
current setup (win32/Delphi) and the new port (XO/Lazarus) or if each
one will follow your own path.
The later is easier and you can even share the code no GUI related. By
your comments below (using "Concert from Delphi" function) you will be
following a separate path.

Luiz