[Lazarus] FPC/lazarus without packages in Linux Ubuntu 7.10

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:55:17 CET 2008

On 15/03/2008, coppolastudio at virgilio.it <coppolastudio at virgilio.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I istalled Linux Ubuntu 7.10 (bello!!).
>  The system don't have a
>  working modem, so can't use aptitude or similar to update.
>  I'm new in
>  Linux and need help to install FPC/lazarus without packages.
>  Each
>  suggestion will be appreciate

Without a modem you are a bit stuck.  Your best bet might be to look
for a Freedom Toaster (http://freedomtoaster.org) near you.
Alternatively ask a friend to download the required packages.

The problem is that you could compile Lazarus on another computer and
copy over the executable, but you will still not be able to compile
and link any LCL applications on your own computer. The *-devel
packages are required for that.

I sometimes use MSEide like described above. In a pinch, I can use the
MSEide executable (because it ships in binary format) as a fancy
editor, but to link a new project you still require the *-devel
packages.

Regards,
  - Graeme -