[Lazarus] Howto recode GUI

petr.kristan at epos.cz petr.kristan at epos.cz
Wed Mar 19 18:02:16 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:40:13AM -0300, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> You can convert from UTF-8 to Current locale and the opposite direct
> using AnsiToUTF8 and UTF8ToAnsi located LCLIntf. This doesn't allow an
> arbitrary locale, but only the current one.
I think, that you do not realize question. I know functions which
can convert strings from utf-8 to iso atd... But I do not know _how_ to
online convert lazarus gui strings (label captions, button captions,
...).

> About GUI strings, be aware that Lazarus is migrating to be a fully
> Unicode (UTF-8):
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Unicode_Support
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap#Status_of_features_on_each_widgetset
>
> (look at the Unicode field)
These articles I already know. But now I cannot use utf-8, because win32
and gtk1 does not fully support it.

Petr

--
Ing. Petr Kristan