[Lazarus] Using Packages in Lazarus

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Mar 28 03:29:14 CET 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:03:41 -0400
> Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>
>> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>> No idea...

>>> I remember months ago you and I went through this exercise to get
>>> tiOPF's packages working. Since then it has worked perfectly, on
>>> multiple systems of ours. That is why I think something is wrong in
>>> his setup (specific to his machine).
>>>
>>> Anyway, here is the tree structure of the Source directory and the
>>> different paths show in the tiOPF.lpk package using the Unit Info
>>> dialog.  The tiDefines.inc include file that he is refering to is
>>> located in the 'Core' directory. From the information below
>>> everything looks fine to me.
>>>
>>> @Lee
>>> How does your setup compare to mine, shown below?
>>>

>>> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source
>>>    .
>>>    |-Compilers
>>>    |---Delphi2005
>>>    |---Delphi2006
>>>    |---Delphi2007
>>>    |---Delphi7
>>>    |---FPC
>>>    |-----lib
>>>    |-Core
>>>    |-Demos
>>>    |-GUI
>>>    |-UnitTests
>>>

>>> Paths shown via the Unit Info dialog....
>>>
>>> Unit Paths
>>> --------------
>>> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/Core
>>> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/Options
>>> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/3rdParty/FBLib/lib/i386-linux
>>> /opt/lazarus/packager/units/i386-linux
>>> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/Compilers/FPC
>>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> On my XP machine I have the following:
>>
>> M:\Lazarus
>>   |-IDE
>>   |-Projects
>>   |-3rdPartyComponents
>>   |---tiOPF2
>>   |------Compilers
>>   |----------Delph7
>>   |----------Delphi2005
>>   |----------Delphi2006
>>   |----------Delphi2007
>>   |----------FPC
>>   |------Core
>>   |------GUI
>>

>> On a fresh install/update of tiOPF, I just Tortoise/SVN trunk into
>> that directly into the tiOPF2 director.
>
> The important answers are missing:
>
> Where is the .lpk file, the .pas and the .inc file (full filenames)?
>
> Open the .lpk file. A package editor should appear.
> Open the .pas file in the source editor, right click, file settings,
> unit info. What include paths are listed there?

Mattias,

The .lpk file is located in the tiOPF\Compilers\FPC directory.  .pas files are
in the Core and Options folders, at least the ones that are linked into my project.

Odd, right clicking on the .lpk file does in fact open lazarus but with no
visible files (the editor form in lazarus is blank).  The tiOPF.lpk file does
have its xml in there however and I have attached it along with the tiOPF.pas
file as well.

Thanks again,

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."