[Lazarus] Embedding Gecko engine inside Lazarus/Free Pascal application

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:17:56 CEST 2008

ik wrote:
> Hi Lee,
>
> First of all Asterisk has "torture" mode :)
> Secondly, I can do some of the routing without AGI, but using
> extentions.conf and wiring dialplan, including the issue with
> telemarketing :)

Of course!  But I don't prefer Asterisk "flat" script for extensive logic.  I
wrote a dialplan generator for that simple kind of thing anyway
(http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/Default.aspx).  AEL2 by Steve Murphy is
pretty nice though.

Personally, I prefer to leave only dialplan specific logic in Asterisk and to
shell out to AGI/FastAGI those tasks that aren't necessarily related to Asterisk
dialplan like database lookups, etc.

> Anyway, I wrote 8 months ago a fast agi using lnet, but it sucks, and
> I lack the time to rewrite it, so I thought in merge your code into
> lnet (instead of mine).

You are welcome to use the source as you see fit, but AsterPas already uses the
open source synapse library.  As a matter of fact, these are the external
libraries currently used:

- Synapse (http://synapse.ararat.cz)
- Pascal Data Object (http://pdo.sourceforge.net/)
- sqlite3ds (included with lazarus?)
- TPasAGI (included with AsterPas sources, written by me ;) )
- RemObject Pascal Script (http://www.remobjects.com)

I don't think RemObjects PS is open source, but it's free to use.

> And if I'll require to write some AGI/FastAGI and I'll be able to use
> technology I'll choose, I'll use your library :)

Excellent.  I hope you enjoy using it and maybe contribute if you're inclined.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."