[Lazarus] Centering Text Vertically through Windows.DrawText

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri May 2 02:38:14 CEST 2008

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Hi all, I have a custom component that I've created and I get an AV anytime I
> try to change/set a string property within the IDE.  Setting these properties at
> runtime doesn't produce the AV.
>
> Also, the message that I get is simply "Access Violation".  No more information
> other than that.
>
> I'm using Lazarus 0.9.24.
>
> Thanks,

Also, I'm having another problem with this component.  It's a TShape descendant
and I have hooked up mousedown and mouseup events to change Pen.color and
Brush.Color properties to different values in order to indicate visual feedback.

If I create the component at runtime, the values work.  IE: If I mouse down on
the component the colors changes as expected.  If I create the component at
design time, then there is no change.

I suspect there are some subtle difference in streaming or something between the
way Delphi does it and Lazarus, but am at a loss as to what those could be.

Thanks again,

--

Warm Regards,

Lee