[Lazarus] Register Package Help

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri May 2 01:48:52 CEST 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2008 09:59:08 -0400
> Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to create a package to that contains a unit which defines
>> a TShape descendant component following this example:
>>
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages#Adding_existing_components_to_a_Package
>>
>> The problem that I'm having is that package overwrites the .pas file
>> that I include with:
>
> You named the package the same as the unit.
> The IDE should not allow this. Please create a bug report and explain
> how you did that. Did you create a new package, added the file and
> then saved the package?

Actually, I have yet to get my password from the bug tracker and I have been
lazy in not creating a new profile which I'll do after writing this email :)

The unit source name is:

pos_button.pas

I named the .lpk file:

posbutton.lpk

I figured that the names should not be exact, but I suppose that the IDE somehow
  stripped the underscore ?

At any rate,

1. I created the source file first.

2. Create the packages and added through "Add Unit" tab.

3. Saved the lpk file as posbutton.lpk

4. Compiled it and that is when it overwrote my source file.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee