[Lazarus] Widgetset name at runtime

Damien Gerard milipili at shikami.org
Fri May 2 15:49:22 CEST 2008

I have just upgraded Lazarus from SVN revision 14914 to 15028 and the
dialogs (Package dialogs, Tools->Configure build Lazarus, Environment and
Editor options Debugger Options, Code Templates) no longer opened.

This happened for me using both 32-bit XP (SP2) and Vista 64 (32-bit mode),
but not under linux.

I spent considerable time trying to fix the issue, included trying to revert
to a previous build.  Nothing worked.  I eventually renamed the install
directory, and loaded a new copy of Lazarus (via SVN).  Copied the extra
library directories and re-installed them (my previous efforts had lost some
of the library definitions).  Lazarus then ran with the installed packages.

This issue mainly effect the packages and appeared to related to the
migration of the XML files from the install root directory into AppData.
Possibly having both the old and new XML files was a problem.

Is there some change/enhancement that could be done to prevent this
happening to other users?  One thought was to remove the unused files.

The other question, moving to AppData I can understand, particularly on
Vista, but you have moved all files under the current user.  If the PC was
to be shared (not an issue for me personally), then the installed package
information is stored under the users personal profile, while the executable
is stored in a shared location.  I realize that changes cause problems, but
should the installed packages be saved under "All Users" so that Lazarus
will build consistently?

Derek

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Giuliano Colla <
giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Marc Weustink ha scritto:
>

> > Whoops... I forgot to checkin a realy important part of my changes in
> > r13663.
> >

> Happens even in best families! :-)
>
>  This is comitted in r13691
> >

> Thanks,
>
> Giuliano
>
> --
> Giuliano Colla
>
> Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)

Derek Edson