[Lazarus] AppWindow Capture Under Linux

cyberpython cyberpython at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:11:42 CEST 2008

What does this have to do with missing dialog fixed in r13691?

Derek Edson schreef:
> I have just upgraded Lazarus from SVN revision 14914 to 15028 and the
> dialogs (Package dialogs, Tools->Configure build Lazarus, Environment
> and Editor options Debugger Options, Code Templates) no longer opened.
>
> This happened for me using both 32-bit XP (SP2) and Vista 64 (32-bit
> mode), but not under linux.
>
> I spent considerable time trying to fix the issue, included trying to
> revert to a previous build.  Nothing worked.  I eventually renamed the
> install directory, and loaded a new copy of Lazarus (via SVN).  Copied
> the extra library directories and re-installed them (my previous efforts
> had lost some of the library definitions).  Lazarus then ran with the
> installed packages.
>
> This issue mainly effect the packages and appeared to related to the
> migration of the XML files from the install root directory into
> AppData.  Possibly having both the old and new XML files was a problem.
>
> Is there some change/enhancement that could be done to prevent this
> happening to other users?  One thought was to remove the unused files.

I think both should be there. The xml files in the lazarus directory are
the default files, the files in AppData are the user settings.

> The other question, moving to AppData I can understand, particularly on
> Vista, but you have moved all files under the current user.  If the PC
> was to be shared (not an issue for me personally), then the installed
> package information is stored under the users personal profile, while
> the executable is stored in a shared location.  I realize that changes
> cause problems, but should the installed packages be saved under "All
> Users" so that Lazarus will build consistently?

I think every user can install his own sets of packages. When installing
Lazarus with an installer, it comes with a default set that is equal for
all users, initially.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have Vista and am running under an
account with administrator privileges on windows XP, so I really welcome
all input.

Vincent