[Lazarus] Register Package Help

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri May 2 19:11:14 CEST 2008

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 02 May 2008 09:09:04 -0400
> Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> Here it works. That means, it does not strip the underscore. The
>>> only place where underscores are stripped are in the widgetsets for
>>> labels. I don't see any relationship.
>>> Can you reproduce it?
>
> Any news?
>

>>> I added a check in svn 15029 to forbid naming a package as a unit.
>> Mattias,
>>
>> Is this included in snapshots?  I have problems when trying to build
>> from sources on Windows, but I'll download the latest snapshot this
>> weekend and give it a go again and see if I can get it to replicate
>> the problem or not.
>
> Snapshots are built daily.

I downloaded latest snapshot, Mattias.  I was unable to get replicate the
problem with using the underscore and it create the package as was expected.

However, I then tried to create a package with the same name as the unit that
contained the component, "pos_button.pas" and "pos_button.lpk".  Saved, the
package, added "pos_button.pas" to the package.  Saved, compiled and it did
overwrite the "pos_button.pas" file.

I have downloaded and tried this with:
Lazarus-0.9.25-fpc-2.2.1-20080501-win32.exe

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."