[Lazarus] GetAppConfigDir problem

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon May 5 22:57:13 CEST 2008

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> On Windows, this method returns the application's directory.  IMO, this is wrong
> since its customary to install applications in the Program Files directory and
> with tighter locked down XP/2000 and DEFINITELY Vista, this is a problem since
> you are not usually given permission to write in these destinations now.
>
> I think the GetSpecialDir method should be called (as it is with when the
> "Global" flag is false) with parameter CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS.
>
> Reported:

As a follow up, can anyone suggest how I could access the GetSpecialDir from
outside sysutils.pas?  I've tried it and it seems that its not in the interface
section or I think think this is the case.  I get a little confused with the
includes.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Thanks,

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."