[Lazarus] Visually assigning Properties from another form/datmodule...

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun May 11 19:37:07 CEST 2008

Dominique Louis wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>> Dominique,
>>
>> Can you provide a pointer to this functionality in Delphi?  It may be that I
>> already know what this is but under another name, but I don't think so.
>>
>> I'm curious as to what it actually does.
>
> Hi Lee,
>    It basically just allows you to ( for example ) assign a property in
> say form1 to something in form2 or a datamodule from within the object
> inspector. Say you have loads of non-visual components centralised in a
> datamodule. Well from your main form you can hook up to events,
> properties etc in the datamodule from the main form's object inspector,
> hence visually assigning them.
>
> IHTH

OH!  You mean how assign the database property of a query form1 to the database
component that may be sited on datamodule1.  I'm sorry, I thought you were
talking about some kind of utility function that I had missed for copying
properties from one component to another.

Thanks, sorry about the mix up.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."