[Lazarus] Object free itself?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:10:43 CEST 2008

Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Well, I'd say yes since I use MGM with tiOPF all the time :)  Actually, I'm
> still using them within the Form/View of my MVC implementation, but MGM didn't
> seem quite as suited for the job of mediating an entire form whereas MVC did.

My Forms contain less and less code by the day. To solve the long
standing issue of instantiating those mediators, I've played around with
the idea of having some design time component I can drop on a form and
hooking up the components that need to be used as 'views'.  I started
off by using some registry for helper objects so I don't actually have
to know which mediator gets used for which object property. It's not
100% complete, but I believe it's heading in the right direction. ;-)

As a side note:
I'm busy writing articles on MGM, MVC and MVP.  For the MVP article I'm
trying to coincide it with a MVP implementation for tiOPF. I've finally
started understanding the different parts involved in MVP!

Regards,
   - Graeme -