[Lazarus] Building FPC/Lazarus from source

cc_ at freemail.hu cc_ at freemail.hu
Fri May 16 16:20:37 CEST 2008

Not from my head, just googled out stuff:

GTK+ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTK%2B>, starting in 2005 with
version 2.8, uses Cairo to render the majority of its widgets
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_%28computing%29>.

Trying to remove libcairo2 causes the removal of everything else,
including libgtk2 etc. on Hardy Heron (64bit) so at least on linux, I'd
say it's "part of the system" when considering gtk2 setups.

If the gtk 2.8 comment (from wikipedia) is true, then we should be safe
to use it on unix platforms at least (we're supporting 2.6+ but I think
going to 2.8+ as minimum is doable?)

Ales