[Lazarus] How to send bug reports?

cc_ at freemail.hu cc_ at freemail.hu
Sat May 17 21:59:18 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
<luizmed at oi.com.br> wrote:
> For text, is still necessary to use pango (unlike LCL writes your own
> wrapper around FreeType/FontConfig, Win32 fonts, CGFont systems). Gdk
> text functions are deprecated/unmaintaned.

In the dev mailling list someone took a look at gedit code and said it
uses gdk to draw it's text.

Whatever we are doing now in gtk2 text (which is used pango) is very
wrong, because the performance is horrible. There must be a solution,
or are you saying that there is no solution to improve the text
drawing speed of gtk2 intf?

About general drawing speed I don't remember any problems with
lcl-gtk2, so we shouldn't try to fix it.

> In this case, if you change your mind i'm still here.

We would appreciate if you join the dev mailling list and work into
splitting the events system, as proposed by Paul in the dev mailling
list =)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho