[Lazarus] CodeTools doesn't look in the project's search path

Tobias Giesen tobias_subscriber at tgtools.com
Wed May 28 09:46:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

the Widestring Delete function in wstrings.inc accesses memory beyond
the end of the string. This causes crashes after a while. The Delete
function has been fixed in FPC 2.3 but the fix must be copied to the
earlier branches too. I have submitted this as a bug in Mantis:

Until it is fixed, developers can just use the fixed code below instead
of the one in the System unit. You just need to find out if your
platform uses FPC_WINLIKEWIDESTRING or not. On my platform, MacOS X,
this is not defined.

Type
  PWideRec = ^TWideRec;
  TWideRec = Packed Record
    {$ifdef FPC_WINLIKEWIDESTRING}
    Len   : DWord;
    {$else FPC_WINLIKEWIDESTRING}
    Ref : SizeInt;
    Len : SizeInt;
    {$endif FPC_WINLIKEWIDESTRING}
    First : WideChar;
  end;

Const
  WideRecLen = SizeOf(TWideRec);
  WideFirstOff = SizeOf(TWideRec)-sizeof(WideChar);

Procedure Delete (Var S : WideString; Index,Size: SizeInt); overload;
Var
  LS : SizeInt;
begin
  If Length(S)=0 then
     exit;
  if index<=0 then
     exit;
  LS:=PWideRec(Pointer(S)-WideFirstOff)^.Len div sizeof(WideChar);
  if (Index<=LS) and (Size>0) then begin
     UniqueString (S);
     if Size+Index>LS then
        Size:=LS-Index+1;
     if Index+Size<=LS then begin
        Dec(Index);
        System.Move(PWideChar(S)[Index+Size],PWideChar(S)[Index],
              (LS-Index-Size+1)*sizeof(WideChar));
        end;
     Setlength(s,LS-Size);
     end;