[Lazarus] CodeTools doesn't look in the project's search path

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:05:33 CEST 2008

2008/5/28 Tobias Giesen <tobias_subscriber at tgtools.com>:
>> If the units are part of your project or part of a Package which is a
>> requirement of your project, CodeTools will automatically find those
>> units.
>
> I see, but that is not enough for me. I need the whole Project's search
> path to be searched. Otherwise I would have to add about 300 units to
> my project. I don't want to do that ...

It's not good practice to indirectly use units (not part of you
project). Otherwise, how would the compiler know if that unit had
changed since the previous compile.  If they are part of the project
(which they should be), the compiler or Lazarus can detect changes.

If you use a Package, you can use the "Add Files" tab to add all *.pas
units in one go.

> Is this an option I could add? I mean would it be accepted?

As Mattias said, you can also add unit paths in your project's
compiler options dialog (Project | Compiler options | Paths tab).

Regards,
 - Graeme -