[Lazarus] External: SIGSEGV

cc_ at freemail.hu cc_ at freemail.hu
Wed May 28 17:32:40 CEST 2008

Thanks to All of You who have tried to help!.

I have located the problem and found a solution, but was not able to
reproduce it yet in a separate test app.

The structure of the code looked like this:

MyObj = class;

private

   Obj1: TOtherObj;

   Obj2: TOtherObj;

. . .

end;

procedure T_Main.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);

begin

   with Obj1 do begin

       SomeProcedure(Obj2);

   end;

end;

The exception occurred while reading "Obj2";

The problem completely disappeared after removing the "with ..." block,
which was actually unnecessary junk code since no Obj1 property or method
was used in that block.

I am not sure, but Obj1 and Ojb2 being of the same type, and Obj1 not being
used may have had something to do with it. Just guessing. :)

I will try to make a bug report, when I will be able to reproduce the bug.

Thanks for your help again!

   - Leslie -