[Lazarus] Postgres Dlls not found

dgcoventry at gmail.com dgcoventry at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:58:23 CEST 2008

Michael, Marc, Soren, Jalal, Joost et al,

Thanks very much for your assistance.

I ran Dependency Walker on the libpq.dll and found there was some kind
of error on the file, so I deleted all instances of libpq.dll on the
system (I had ended up with 4 or 5 copies of the file with all my
experimentation) except the ones in the pgadminIII directory.

I added the pgadminIII directory to the PATH environment variable, and ....

...It wotks!

Without wanting to sound churlish, I am a bit of a loss to understand
why the PQconnection needs to use the libpq.dll in the first place.
I'm sure a lot of the Queries could be handled by communicating
directly with the psql command line through ssh.