[Lazarus] Grid question

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Nov 4 18:27:27 CET 2008

--- El mar 4-nov-08, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> escribió:

> De:: Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>
> Asunto: Re: [Lazarus] Grid question
> A: "General mailing list" <lazarus at lazarus.freepascal.org>
> Fecha: martes, 4 noviembre, 2008, 10:48 am
> On 11/4/08, Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > How can I force the grid to invalidate (or draw
> if visible)
> >  > a single cell ?
> >  >

> > grid.InvalidateCell(ColIndx,RowIndex);
> >
> >  Jesus Reyes A.
>
> Just curious....but why would you need that?  Isn't the
> grid painting
> double buffered?
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

grid does (or knows?) nothing about doublebuffer, that is handled in some other layer, but even then, it's needed in cases like the spreadsheet example when column and row header needs to be repainted because selection has changed, the grid can handle the selection change but not the headers change. It's supposedly more efficient to blit a portion of area than the whole area.

Jesus Reyes A.

      ¡Todo sobre Amor y Sexo!
La guía completa para tu vida en Mujer de Hoy.
http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/