[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:03:46 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Somebody I know started experimenting with Lazarus for CE a few days ago
> but finds the performance unacceptable- vastly slower than C#. Is this
> likely to be caused by debugging code, and again can this be disabled-
> preferably without having to recompile the IDE?

With CE I suppose you mean Windows CE?

Performance is a very generic term. Performance of what? Non-visual
code? Graphics drawing?

I will suppose it is graphics drawing. No, I doubt that the debug
information causes this. I have noticed the graphics speed do is much
slower then in a desktop (I don't use .NET, so can't comment there),
but I never researched to find the reason why.

Also, without a benchmark, your assertion is empty. Which Lazarus code
is slower then which C# code? Are they really equivalent?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho