[Lazarus] New Excel Interface Component

Thierry Coq tcoq at free.fr
Sun Nov 9 15:52:45 CET 2008

Yes, definitively,

I've checked, this code seems to be currently geared to use DISPID
interfaces. This works in Delphi, but not in FPC for the time being.

For example, the following code:
   fDocument := fDesktop.loadComponentFromURL('file:///'+
StringReplace(FileName, '\', '/', [rfIgnoreCase, rfReplaceAll]) ,
'_blank', 0, wProperties);

declares fDocument as an OleVariant. The author hopefully expects FPC to
understand how to go and fetch "loadComponentFromURL". It ain't gonna
work ;-).

It should be done this way:
   var fDocument : IDispatch;
   fDocument.InvokeDispatch( DISPID_LOADCOMPONENTFROMURL, ...);

Thierry Coq