[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:21:23 CET 2008

2008/11/11 Ales Katona <almindor at gmail.com>:
> Please run "gtkperf" program on your end and give results (run it locally).
>
> If you don't have it in packages, just get libgtk2-dev and compile from
> sources (./configure && make && make install [as root]).
>
> If you get more than ~10 seconds, something is wrong with your setup
> (driver/X/theme). I get ~5s here with the OSS driver and EXA. Gtk2 flies
> quite fast.

Here is the results I got a few days ago on my wok PC.  My laptop is a
bit faster than than - I'll run it shortly and post the results...
I'm running the Clearlooks theme in my laptop.

-------------------[ Work PC ]----------------
I did so now on my PC. P4 2.2GHz with 1GB ram and integrated
ATI video card running Ubuntu 7.10 (32bit).

I couldn't believe the difference it makes when you switch between
themes. The exact same PC, just different themes!!  Here are my
results:

28s - Custom (mixture of what I like)
21s - Bluecurve
26s - ClearLook
24s - Human
17s - Mist
43s - Crux

Wow, not all themes are created equal!  :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -