[Lazarus] Ho do I display playing cards with Lazarus?

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 06:14:45 CET 2008

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>
>> I'm surprised with your results, I didn't tune anything, everything was
>> configured automatically by mandriva. I'll see if I can try to run
>> lazarus itself remotely, just to check if my experience matches yours.
>
> I just tried and lazarus itself is unusable this way.
> The display of things is quite speedy, but reaction to mouse clicks lags
> 3 or more seconds.

Yes, I was just starting to look at some more timing and hit on that one
myself- I hesitate to call it luck. Any mouse activity (not just clicks)
over the test form (but not over the title bar) freezes the program for
several seconds.

As a working hypothesis, the "Big Freeze" I've seen at the start of
execution isn't anything to do with form initialisation, the program
runs fine until the pointer is moved onto the form to press the "x1,000"
button.

I wasn't entirely joking in my earlier rant: some loss of performance
over a remote connection is tolerable. Lockups aren't.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk