[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 13:17:13 CET 2008

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> I then copied the application over to the PDA again. The program load
> time (i.e. from tapping the icon to the start of drawing the window) was
> much better, but disappointingly the execution speed was not observably
> different, i.e. it still took a second to draw the window.

I've sent Andy over the same test program that I've been running under
Linux. Apart from (possibly) the high-precision timer there's nothing
special in there so he should be able to compile and run it.

If he sees performance problems with my code, i.e. it's a basic
drawing-speed issue rather than something application-specific, is there
any other WinCE/PocketPC user who could take both the source and binary
by direct email in an attempt to see what's going wrong?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk