[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:13:40 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Runs both locally and remotely. I had to tinker with the -Fu in
> extrafpc.cfg to compile, so far I've only used 0.9.24 and haven't tried x86.

Excellent. :-)  Could you pass on those changes to extrafpc.cfg, so I
can add it in.

> overhead. It might even be a good default widget set, with
> gtk2/Qt/Carbon etc. being selected where the target distro and window
> manager are known.

A few others have suggested this to me as well, but that's up to the
Lazarus developers and how quickly we can get LCL-fpGUI implemented
and stable.  The huge benefit of LCL-fpGUI will be bug fixing and
feature support. No need to limit the widget set to a specific version
of the GUI toolkit. Plus if there is a bug or some implementation
difference in fpGUI it could easily be tweaked, whereas with GTK2, Qt
etc you are out of luck.

Regards,
  - Graeme -