[Lazarus] Trying to get Lazarus into Dubuntu

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:02:17 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a team that wants to create a Dubuntu (Developers Ubuntu),
> and I have joined with the sole agenda (I've told them that too), of
> getting Lazarus included in the distribution.

Also have a look at the following links:
  http://fabrizioballiano.net/2007/11/27/remastering-an-ubuntu-alternate-iso-with-ubuntu-customization-kit-the-complete-guide/

http://uck.sourceforge.net/

An alternative idea I had for our company, was to create a Developers
VMWare or VirtualBox session. Setup bare-bones Ubunutu. Configure SVN
Lazarus and FPC and precompiled binaries and icons on the desktop.

That way any developer can simply run the virtual session, double
click the Lazarus icon and start developing.  The reason for the SVN
checkouts, is so that you can keep Lazarus and Free Pascal current, by
simply doing a 'svn update' and recompile. The latter could even be a
small application or icon on the desktop - to make it fool proof. :-)

Big benefit is that the virtual session is portable and can be copied
with ease. So new developers can be up and running in seconds.

Regards,
  - Graeme -