[Lazarus] TrayIcon programs

User usuarioanonimomysql at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:49:24 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a Linux newsreader client. I am getting sick of
> Thunderbird not being able to search "offline" downloaded newsgroups!!

And before anybody suggests KNode, well... I think that interface was
design by an alien!  I can't even figure out down to download articles
for offline reading. I also can't see any 'search message body'
feature etc...

If I have to use a text mode news reader, I will. It just needs to
handle attachments, offline reading and search message bodies...

How difficult can it be to find a decent newsreader client under
Linux???  Yes I'm desperate and pissed off. :-)  So if you even know
about a descent Windows newsreader client that does run under Wine,
I'll even try that.

If not, I'm starting a new project on SourceForge - implementing a
newsreader client using Lazarus and Free Pascal!

Regards,
  - Graeme -