[Lazarus] Build number in my application

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:28:30 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

> before each compile, you can execute a program (see
> lazarus/tools/svn2revisioninc.pas) that puts the revision number in a
> revision.inc, or something.  see the "compilation" tab of "compiler
> options".  you can obviously use this method in a Makefile, too (like
> lazarus does).

I didn't know about the svn2revisioninc.pas file, but I did know about
the 'compilation' tax

I added a 'getrevision.sh' in the "Execute Before" Command edit box
and checked Build and Compile.

When I compile, Lazarus IDE crashed and closed without showing any
error message.

I then thought maybe Lazarus IDE can't find my 'getrevision.sh'
script, so I added the following in the Command edit box:
$(ProjPath)/getrevision.sh

Again the same thing. When I compile Ctrl+F9 Lazarus IDE simply
crashes and closes. :-(

Regards,
  - Graeme -