[Lazarus] Improvement request for the object inspector

Gerard N/A gerardusmercator at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:12:13 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

>> -----------[ getrevision.sh ]---------------
>> #!/bin/sh
>> svnversion -n > revision.inc
>> ----------------[ end  ]----------------
>>

>> I can run getrevision.sh from the console without problems...
>
> that's because the your shell knows how to run scripts?  maybe you
> need to put "sh getrevision.sh" in the edit box.

No, that doesn't seem to be needed.  I played around with my script
file and stored the 'svnversion -n' output into a variable and then
'echo -n ....' the information out to revision.inc.  All the the
script obviously. And suddenly, Lazarus is happy with that an no more
crashes.

I then reverted to the old script just to be sure, and Lazarus IDE
crashes on demand. I have no clue what causes Lazarus to crash in one
script and not in another. The both get called the same way in the
Command edit box.

Regards,
  - Graeme -