[Lazarus] Running Lazarus GTK1 (32bit) via a remote X11 from 64bit Linux

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 11:42:04 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> I get the following error:
> -------------------------------
> graemeg at argon:~/programming$ ./lazarus.gtk1
> ./lazarus.gtk1: error while loading shared libraries:
> libglib-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> -------------------------------
>

> The remote system is Ubuntu 8.04 LTS - 64bit.  Normally you can run
> 32bit software on a 64bit OS. But I'm not having any luck with
> Lazarus.

Did you compile Lazarus for 32 or 64 bit (--target?)?

Try ldd to find out what Lazarus links to on your build and target systems.

IMO your target system should have the according library directories,
i.e. lib/ for 32 and/or lib64/ for 64 bit binaries. See also my answer
on "[Lazarus] Error during linkage editing".

> /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0 symlink already. So now I'm out of ideas.

IMO that should be the 32 bit version. But I'm not very familiar with
linux myself :-(

DoDi