[Lazarus] Where does Lazarus store/look for global settings/options?

Tom Verhoeff T.Verhoeff at tue.nl
Mon Nov 24 18:04:38 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:38:54AM +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 19:51:10 +0100
> Tom Verhoeff <T.Verhoeff at tue.nl> wrote:
>
> > On my Mac, they appear to be stored in several XML files located
> > in ~/.lazarus/
>
> Yes.
> (There are some ideas to change this to a more mac like directory.)

Where do they go under Windows and Linux?

> > If I find out, where would be an appropriate place to document
> > this in the wiki?  It is something to put in IDE documentation,
> > but I had also hoped to find it under development documentation.
>
> IMO it should go to development documentation, because these files are
> almost only edited by the IDE itself. I never edited them myself
> manually.
> I would even say: If you need to edit/inspect them, then you found a
> bug.

OK, I'll see if I can find some time to add the information.

For the plain user, it is still useful to know where Lazarus stores
options and settings (e.g. for backup, permission issues).  Internal
details should indeed go into developer documentation.

Thanks,

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Dept. of Math. & Comp. Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Technische Universiteit Eindhoven