[Lazarus] Code Folding marker in the editor itself

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Nov 26 10:32:52 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> The [+] is in the gutter as normal and the [...] is painted after the
> 'begin' to clearly indicate that other code exists, it's just folded.
> See the attached image for how Delphi does it. I think that is quite
> nice.

The best feature I've seen on a similar theme thus far is the little [...] after the text and if you
hover over the folded line the contents of the folded block pop up in a hint. Very, very nice
feature that.

Martin has been working very hard on the folding for a while now and has cleaned up the code into
much more manageable chunks. I suspect when he's done with the re-factoring and cleanup features
like this will be far easier to implement as addons to the existing Synedit component.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them