[Lazarus] A new competitor to Lazarus and Free Pascal

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 12:42:33 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I never thought I would say this about the Basic language.... :-)
> But Real Software has made a pretty impressive product called
> REALBasic.

Easily confused with the rather older TrueBASIC.

I'm afraid that my memories of BASIC start off with bearded postgrads
hunched over KSR-33s at university.

I'd be very reluctant to call something based on BASIC, COBOL or FORTRAN
a viable alternative to Pascal. Don't judge a language by what's been
grafted onto it, but by what's had to be chopped out to make it conform
to current good practice.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk