[Lazarus] Xlib bindings

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 23:35:36 CET 2008

Out of curiosity I'm trying to press ahead a bit further with linking a
Lazarus program that runs successfully with libusb to run instead with
libusb-win32. I know that there will be runtime problems since I'm
trying to run on NT4 but I'm interested to see to what extent I can get
additional error messages etc. out of the system.

When compiled for Linux I've got a simple unit UsbIf that calls Uwe
Zimmerman's translation of libusb.h which includes

{$linklib usb}
..
procedure usb_set_debug(level: longint);cdecl;external;

On the Windows systems the DLL is libusb0.dll and in principle I've got
.h files etc. available. When I compile I get

Error: Import library not found for usb
..
Error: Undefined symbol _usb_set_debug

It's 20 years since I've played with import libraries, and before I
start tinkering I need to know that I'm not heading off in the wrong
direction.

This is in no way important, but what should I be doing to get this to
link against the available DLL?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk