[Lazarus] [joke] Explanation about the Lazarus logo

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 06:34:15 CET 2008

2008/11/28 Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org>:
> especially cheetahs (though they aren't common in Germany ;)) so I have
> choosen the cheetah as FPC logo.

Florian,

When I was in my middle teens I used to live in what is now Namibia on
a small copper mine about 80km outside the Capital, Windhoek.

I remember seeing a Cheetah running alongside the truck I was traveling in
for about 200-300 metres.

This was completely in the wild, not in a game reserve or zoo or
anything. Amazing.

If you get a chance you should visit Namibia. It's beautiful. And they
speak German there, too.