[Lazarus] Problem with editor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:52:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Johann Spies <jspies at sun.ac.za> wrote:

>> >   Button1.caption := 'Press again';
>> >   Button1.caption := ´Press again´;
>> >

> Ubuntu Hardy
> Gnome
> Keyboard: us_intl
> locale: af_ZA

Lets try and eliminate the keyboard layout first... Run the following.
You can use Copy & Paste after it changes to Dvorak (if you don't know
Dvorak layout).

Open a Terminal window (console, gnome-terminal, xterm etc...). CD to
your Lazarus root directory and run the following.

xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.dvorak
./lazarus

The single quote (') key will be the qwerty lowercase "Q" key.  Type a
few in Lazarus and see what happens.

You can then reset your keyboard layout using the following. Copy &
Paste might help again. ;-)

xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.us

I believe US-Intl layout is different to the standard US layout.  Now
launch Lazarus again and type in some single quote keys.  If the
quotes work now, it's the layout.  To change back to US International,
run the following.

xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.us_intl

Regards,
  - Graeme -