[Lazarus] matching bracket problems (Carbon)

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:34:12 CEST 2008

Ok, a quick experiment leads me to believe it is indeed a redrawing issue.
As you suggested, I tried moving another window over the editor window. When
this happens, the highlighting appears as it should (when the cursor is
touching a bracket, the other bracket is highlighted; when the cursor is
away from the bracket, neither are highlighted). As soon as the editor
window receives focus again, the redrawing doesn't work anymore to highlight
or de-highlight the brackets.

BTW, the same thing happens if I pageup/pagedown with the cursor next to the
bracket. When I pageup/pagedown to bring that section back onto the screen,
the highlighting has repainted correctly. It also repaints correctly if I
CTRL+UP or CTRL+DOWN to scroll the editor window by one line while the
cursor remains on the line.

So, it definitely seems like a repaint or redrawing issue.