[Lazarus] Carbon: UTF8 and few component showing rect characters

EarMaster - Bent Olsen bent at earmaster.com
Mon Oct 13 14:15:34 CEST 2008

> Rectagle characters indicates that the font does not support the
> chracter. Try using another font.

Thanks, and I see, but it's strange thou, because the components was set
with the same font at first ("Geneva"), and only TEdit adapted.

I found a font like "STKaiti" which displays a Japanese text just fine in
TLabel, but it differs a little bit from the TEdit font - I just noticed
that TLabel and TEdit differs in font type, also if you display characters
like "1 2 3 4", even if you set these to the same font name and size. I then
found out that you can only set font size and style for TEdit, but it
completely ignores the font name, which changes just fine for TLabel.

How does TEdit find which font to use, or which font does a component like
TEdit use, which then I can apply to a TLabel control?

Thanks again,
Normann