[Lazarus] Combined index.html to fcl , lcl , rtl index.html files .

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:49:30 CEST 2008

2008/10/15 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <sanliturk at ttnet.net.tr>

> Dear Sirs ,
>

> Free Pascal and Lazarus documentation is contained in three directories :
> ../fcl , ../lcl , ../rtl with index.html files
> for each one .
>
> I have prepared a simple index.html as a  reference to  three of
> those  index.html files .
>
> If this index.html with fpdoc.css file is kept in the directory containing
> the fcl , lcl  ,  and  rtl directories  and used with a browser ( I used
> Firefox and Internet Explorer )  it shows any part easily .
>
> Within Lazarus Help menu , an "Off-Line Help" item may be included and this
> index.html file may be attached to it . In that way , it will be possible to
> view any help part if help documentation is
> stored into lazarus directory and file  names are adjusted  with respect to
>  designed  directory structure  .
>

> Thank you very much ,
>
> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
>

>  Reference for package 'fcl'
>
> Free Pascal FCL: Free Component Library
> Units
>
>  Free Component Library <http://fcl/index.html>
>

> Units implementing Free Pascal Free Component Library
>  Description
>
> The Free Component Library is a series of units that implemenent various
> classes and non-visual components for use with Free Pascal. They are
> building blocks for non-visual and visual programs, such as designed in
> Lazarus.
>
> The TDataset descendents have been implemented in a way that makes them
> compatible to the Delphi implementation of these units. There are other
> units that have counterparts in Delphi, but most of them are unique to Free
> Pascal.
> Reference for package 'lcl'
>
> Free Pascal LCL: Lazarus Component Library
> Units
>
>  Lazarus Component Library <http://lcl/index.html>
>

> Units implementing Lazarus Component Library
>  Description
>
> The Lazarus Component Library is a set of visual components to create gui
> applications.
> Reference for package 'rtl'
>
> Free Pascal RTL: Free Pascal Run-Time Library
> Units
>
>  Free Pascal Run-Time Library <http://rtl/index.html>
>

> Units implementing Free Pascal Run-Time Library
>  Description
>
> The Run-Time Library is the basis of all Free Pascal programs. It contains
> the basic units that most programs will use, and are made available on all
> platforms supported by Free pascal (well, more or less).
>
> There are units for compatibility with the Turbo Pascal Run-Time library,
> and there are units for compatibility with Delphi.
>
> On top of these two sets, there are also a series of units to handle
> keyboard/mouse and text screens in a cross-platform way.
>
> Other units include platform specific units that implement the specifics of
> a platform, these are usually needed to support the Turbo Pascal or Delphi
> units.

> [...]

I've attached the original index.html that is used online, which is even
smaller and simpler. It does need the fpdoc.css file attached to the
original message in this post. I'm not sure why it's not included in the
snapshot of the docs, or why it isn't built when the docs are built. Anyway,
now we've got 2 choices for the top index.

--