[Lazarus] Using the "build_html.sh" script on Mac OS X doesn't work [solution inside]

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:33:52 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:13 PM, John Stoneham <captnjameskirk at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> yes, maybe it's getting confused by the multiple -e.  have you tried
>> sed 's/\(\.pp\|\.pas\)\b//g'?  that sed should probably only run once,
>> too (on the output of the ls).
>>

> Yeah, I figured it was the sed command that was the problem. The thing is,
> there is no need to use sed there anyway, since bash string processing
> handles removing those two extensions in a much simpler manner, as my "fix"
> shows.
>

> --
> _| ( ) |-| |\|

Alright, I don't know what the deal is with sed on OS X, if it's behaving
properly or what (sed syntax has always eluded me). Anyway I've attached two
patch files that correct build_lcl_html.sh and build_gtkintf_html.sh to work
on OS X (and linux, too -- they may have worked on linux before the patch,
but they work with the patch too, so I believe this should be the preferred
solution on both platforms). Instead of adding two lines, I replaced the
line that used sed with the built-in bash string processing to remove the
.pp, and added one line to remove any .pas as well. Sed is just overkill
here, and besides it doesn't work as written on OS X. And the new version is
shorter by 12 bytes, too. :)

--