[Lazarus] Using the "build_html.sh" script on Mac OS X doesn't work [solution inside]

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:42:03 CEST 2008

John Stoneham schreef:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com
> <mailto:henry.vermaak at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     yes, maybe it's getting confused by the multiple -e.  have you tried
>     sed 's/\(\.pp\|\.pas\)\b//g'?  that sed should probably only run once,
>     too (on the output of the ls).
>

> Yeah, I figured it was the sed command that was the problem. The thing
> is, there is no need to use sed there anyway, since bash string
> processing handles removing those two extensions in a much simpler
> manner, as my "fix" shows.

I did not notice that, because you change still did contain the sed call:

# create description file list
DescrFiles=''
for unit in $UnitList; do
   ShortFile=`echo $unit | sed -e 's/\.pp\b//g' -e 's/\.pas\b//g'`
   ShortFile=${ShortFile%.pp}
   ShortFile=${ShortFile%.pas}
   DescrFiles="$DescrFiles --descr=../$XMLSrcDir$ShortFile.xml"
done

Vincent