[Lazarus] How to avoid mixing components/lcl from various lazarus versions?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Oct 17 21:33:46 CEST 2008

En/na Mattias Gaertner ha escrit:

> You can use a second config directory. The --pcp option tells the IDE
> and lazbuild what config directory to use. Default is $HOME/.lazarus.

Yes, but that doesn't really solve the issue: I'd like to keep the same
settings (preferences, installed packages, etc.), I just want to use the
components and lcl bundled with the copy of lazarus I'm compiling/using.
Maybe is there a way to use relative paths instead of absolute ones?
(again, just for the components under the lazarus directory, the rest
are fine as they are).

> Make a copy of your .lazarus (e.g. .lazarus2)
> Change the paths in .lazarus2. For example via the ide:
>
> ./lazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus2
>
> Then you can rebuild the IDE with:
>
> ./lazbuild --pcp=~/.lazarus2 -B --build-ide=
>
> The widgetset gtk2 is the default since 0.9.27 so you don't need to
> give that option.

Old habits die hard :-)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007