[Lazarus] GLScene in Gtk2 - patch

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Sun Oct 19 02:07:10 CEST 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:58:05 +0100
Paulo Malheiros <paulo.malheiros at fe.up.pt> wrote:

> In Lazarus svn 15362 Mattias changed "gtk_widget_set_double_buffered"
> from False to True (with decription "gtk2 intf: moved doublebuffering
> from synedit to gtk2 as this is faster since gtk2.12"), is this really
> needed?

IMHO yes. Speeding up synedit is always a good idea. I think the problem is that OpenGL contexts should not be double buffered by gtk.
OpenGL does the buffering (single, double, triple, quad) itself depending on user choice and hardware support. Therefor any OpenGL widgets should only be single buffered by the widget set.
I don't know anything about gtk so I cannot help, but it would be nice if you could just disable doublebuffering for single widgets.
Does any gtk expert know if this is possible?