[Lazarus] Mac OS X : How to get my app to show proper Short-Cuts...

dominique at savagesoftware.com.au dominique at savagesoftware.com.au
Sun Oct 19 17:59:53 CEST 2008

>>> Can someone please tell me how to setup mysql access in Lazarus (Running
>>> under Linux.)   I have it working on my desktop, but can't reproduce it
>>> on a laptop.  Whenever I try to connect with Lazarus , I get a Cannot
>>> load mysql library "libmysqlclient.so", please check your installation.
>>>
>>> I have tried to follow the doc files, but they are really old and am
>>> needing some current documentation.  I am currently running FC8 on the
>>> laptop, FC7 on the desktop.  Mysql 5.0.45 on both systems. Lazarus
>>> 0.9.22 on the desktop and 0.9.24 on the laptop.
>>>

>> Use yum to install the mysql-server and mysql-libs rpms.

> I already appear to have those installed:
>
> yum list | grep mysql
> mysql.i386                               5.0.45-6.fc8           installed
> mysql-libs.i386                          5.0.45-6.fc8           installed
> mysql-server.i386                        5.0.45-6.fc8          installed

Couldn't reproduce the problem on my Fedora 9 system with the latest
svn when connecting to the mysql test db. These are the mysql packages
I have installed:

rpm -qa | grep mysql
mysql-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.8.3-1.fc9.i386
php-mysql-5.2.6-2.fc9.i386
mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.24r1071-1.fc9.i386
mysql-libs-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386
mysql-server-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386

service mysqld status
Should also return an active pid.

Shouldn't be necessary but try running ldconfig. Updating to a more
recent Lazarus release might also be something to try.

-Tom