[Lazarus] Lazarus Custom Tools issue under Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 09:31:08 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Vincent Snijders
<vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

> And if you do:
>  p := TProcessUTF8.Create(self);

Yup, replaced TProcess with TProcessUTF8 and everything still worked.
Lazarus does set process options like pipes etc, but I have no idea
how pipes and stuff work. Though I thought pipes are only something
under Linux, not Windows.

Lazarus really likes to complicate things. :-)   I found another
"process" type, but no idea what that does...

[------- ExtToolDialog.pas line 335---------}
TheProcess := TOutputFilterProcess.Create(nil);

TheProcess.CommandLine := Filename+' '+Params;

TheProcess.Options:= [poUsePipes,poStdErrToOutPut];

TheProcess.ShowWindow := swoHide;

TheProcess.CurrentDirectory := WorkingDir;

Regards,
  - Graeme -