[Lazarus] 0.9.26 (FPC 2.2.2) on Slackware and Debian

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 19:40:23 CET 2008

> I think it is simillar to
> http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=10054 . I don't have 10.5
> version, but I think there is same option under Keyboard settings. I
> have not found how to detect this settings so far. But it should not
> certainly hang.
>
> Tom Gregorovic

Hi Tom,

I managed to detect this specific keyboard setting by:

var
  FResult: CFIndex;
  FValid: Boolean;

  FResult := CFPreferencesGetAppIntegerValue(CFSTR('AppleKeyboardUIMode'),
kCFPreferencesCurrentApplication, FValid);

FResult turn out to be bit flags:
  Bit 0 is set if feature is on
  Bit 1 is set if full keyboard access works for any control, not just text
boxes and lists

And these are of course flipped by:
  ^F1 flips bit 0
  ^F7 flips bit 1

Hope you can use this to detect the "Full Keyboard Access".

Best regards,
Normann